We're always looking for old mixtapes. We don't care if they were made by a big-name dj or not. In fact, it'd be nice to hear what kids were doing in their bedroom studios back in the 90s. We're also interested in dj equipment modifications if you've come up with something tight.

hit us at sheldiack at gmail dot com

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Isaac's Favorite Cuts - Part VI

I think I first heard DJ Revolution's work in 1999 back in Madison, Wis. A friend of mine had put together a mixtape and it had a song called "The Freshest" by Red Foo & Dre Kroon on it. The cuts on that mix of that song were by Revolution (although I didn't know who he was at the time) and blew my mind (for example, I hadn't really heard his now-famous terror chirps). Here's a clip from that song:









Over the years, he's turned into one of my favorite mixtape djs. To be honest, I don't even really care so much about what songs he's playing -- I'm usually just waiting for the chorus or the mix when he lays on the cuts and phrase collages (like no other!) nice and thick. Here's a little example:









DJ Revolution is ridiculous.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home