We're always looking for old mixtapes. We don't care if they were made by a big-name dj or not. In fact, it'd be nice to hear what kids were doing in their bedroom studios back in the 90s. We're also interested in dj equipment modifications if you've come up with something tight.

hit us at sheldiack at gmail dot com

Monday, July 06, 2009

Old Spots

I found some old business cards in a box. Let's revisit some old spots.

I used to like to buy records at Beat Parlor when we went to Chicago.


Hot Jams was entertaining too. I haven't been there in a long time, but in my mind, all they sell is hip house records.


Another Chicago classic.


Whenever I was in the Twin Cities, I always liked to hit up Wide Angle. I drove by there a year or so ago, and it looked like it'd been turned into someone's apartment. Wide Angle was long gone. I once bought a radio promo double LP of Ol' Dirty's first album here. It's the edited version, and it's almost better than the dirty version because of the amazing sound effects Rza (?) used for the radio edits.


I bought my first Tech 1200 here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home