We're always looking for old mixtapes. We don't care if they were made by a big-name dj or not. In fact, it'd be nice to hear what kids were doing in their bedroom studios back in the 90s. We're also interested in dj equipment modifications if you've come up with something tight.

hit us at sheldiack at gmail dot com

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Guy Called Gerald- Humanity (Borngraber & Struver remix)

This is one of those tracks that, whenever I would play it, some one would ask me what it was. Basically, this track has all the qualities I look for in a "downtempo" tune: dark, female vocals, cinematic, hard drums, etc. Toward the end they drop in a Salsa-esque (???) piano loop that fits surprisingly well.

We all know AGCG's story, so I won't get into it. However, I'm still a little perplexed on who the remixers are. At first, I thought it was some sort of play on Kruder & Dorfmeister but after an extensive Google search (OK only three pages), it turns out they are real people with a few releases under their belt. I couldn't find any background info on these fools so I guess they will remain a mystery.

1 Comments:

Blogger PRan said...

Cool blog man. Keep up the good stuf!!!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home